EASPD is located in Europe's political capital, Brussels, and is run by a team of professional staff managed by our Secretary General, Luk Zelderloo. The association's President is James Crowe.
We are an independent, democratic and participatory organisation governed by an Executive Committee, a Board and a General Assembly. Each of these body's members are elected every 4 years. They define the strategic direction, steer the work of the organisation and ensure its smooth running.
EASPD's work is carried out within thematic groups. There are 4 Standing Committees who address core topics of interest to service providers for persons with disabilities and 5 Interest Groups who develop research and work on more specific issues.
STANDING COMMITTEES (SC)
- SC on Inclusive Living.
- SC on Education, which contributes to the development of an open educational system for all.
- SC on Employment, which covers all areas of employment and focuses on increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities in the open labour market.
- Policy Impact Group (PIG), which monitors and influences European policy and legislation on the disability sector and social services of general interest.
INTEREST GROUPS (IG)
- IG on person centred technology (PCT)
- IG on Early Intervention
- IG on Workforce Development & Human Resources
- IG on Arts
EASPD also develops, coordinates and participates in EU-funded projects to implement good practices in our core working areas.
As such, we have developed a significant expertise in the field and like to provide our members with information regarding funding opportunities and support in applying for funding.
We additionally help our members to prepare project ideas and develop partnerships.
It is clear that our members are the association's greatest asset. They are committed to working together, to sharing best practices, to innovate and challenge established ideas.
As an organisation which represents the family of service providers for persons with disabilities throughout Europe, it is only by working together that we can find solutions to common problems, promote the achievement of sustainable results and constructively interact with the European institutions to achieve a better future for all.