Atempo, a member of the EASPD UMO Die Steirische Behindertenhilfe, is organising a course on for professionals and educators working with people with Special Educational Needs (SEN). It will take place in January 2014.
Today’s internet society shapes the way we interact and communicate with each other. Knowing how to participate and “navigate” in this new digital world determines whether you take part in society or not.
This development poses a challenge – especially for people with Special Educational Needs (SEN). Yet, it also offers new possibilities in terms of learning, self-expression and (digital) inclusion. At atempo we experience daily that people with SEN are not afraid of using these new technologies – what is crucial is that they are given the chance to use them and get the support they need.
- Training teachers and staff working in the field of education of people with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Raising digital awareness as well as teaching skills in using tablets and new media to promote SEN learning
- Exploring new ways in which tablets and new media can help develop communication and self-expression for learners with SEN and enable them to engage in the digital society and participate more actively in their communities
atempo, Heinrichstr. 145, 8010 Graz, Austria
- Choose the course of your choice and pre-register as soon as possible at the pre-registration form.
- To cover 100% of course fees, travel and subsistence expenses apply for a EU Grundtvig or Comenius Grant to your national agency by 17/09/2013. For further support and a step-by-step guide please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the pre-registration form.
You can find more information on the website of atempo: http://www.atempo.at/en/courses