Title: Conference Planning Inclusive communities: Challenges and Strategies of Local Implementation of the UN Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD)
Date: 27-28 March 2014
Venue: University of Siegen, Germany
Adolf-Reichwein-Straße 2, 57068 Siegen, Germany
REGISTER for the conference here! Deadline for registrations- 14.03.2014
Don't forget to tweet your thoughts using #siegenconf !
EASPD together with the Centre for Planning and Evaluation of Social Services (ZPE) of the University of Siegen are pleased to invite you to the European conference on Planning Inclusive Communities in Siegen, Germany from 27th to 28th of March 2014.The conference is organised in partnership with the Ministry of Employment, Integration and Social Affairs of the German State North Rhine-Westphalia.
Among the conference partners and participants are the European Commission, the Council of Europe, the Committee of Regions, Mental Health Europe, Inclusion Europe, and the European Network for Independent Living (ENIL), the European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT), EUROCITIES (TBC), and the European Social Network (ESN).
The conference will focus on the concepts and practices for implementation of the UNCRPD in municipalities, communities and local entities. We will discuss the development of effective pathways to inclusive communities based on political responsibility, active citizenship, and stakeholder participation. A special attention will be given to the role of service providers in the building of inclusive environment for all and the challenges they face in this process. The conference will provide opportunities for the different stakeholders to exchange experiences, as well as to present innovative local planning instruments and a wide range of examples of inclusive practices in rural and urban regions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & ACTIVITIES
- Conference Website
- Planning Inclusive Communities Conference Declaration
- Conference programme is available here
- Conference concept is available here
- Market of possibilities: Showcase your good practices in the 'Market of Possibilities'! More information HERE. Deadline for applications: 15.02.2014
- EASD meetings: please click here to open the schedule of EASPD governance and working group meetings during the conference
- Conference participation fees: fee information is available on the registration page. For participants from the following list of countries preferential conditions for participation fees are available! Please contact directly Stefana Cankova or Matthias Kempf for more information.
Ms Stefana Cankova at firstname.lastname@example.org or
M.A. Matthias Kempf at email@example.com
Don’t miss this event! We are looking forward to meeting you in Siegen!
This event has been organised with the financial support of the Progress Programme of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of EASPD and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission.