A home is a cornerstone in the lives of most people. The right to housing is one of the most basic human rights ensuring human dignity. The successful integration of housing and social services enables people with support needs to live independently and be included in society. It is thus one of the most important challenges and responsibilities of service providers and authorities across Europe. This conference will focus on one of the most pressing issues in European politics.
On 9th and 10th October 2014, The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) together with the Nordic Centre for Welfare and Social Issues (NVC), the Norwegian SOR Foundation and the partners of PUSH Europe: FEANTSA, CECODHAS and MHE organised an international conference on the development of homes and housing services for persons with disabilities, persons with mental health problems, homeless people and people in need of housing support. The conference took place in Oslo with the financial support of the European Commission, Husbanken & Triodos Bank.
The conference took stock of current models of good practice and experiences, and discussed future challenges and strategies to make “A Home for All” a reality in municipalities and local communities in Europe. Special attention was given to the cross-sectorial co-operation between housing and support service providers for people with support needs.
The conference provided numerous opportunities for all participants to network with their colleagues across Europe and to share experiences, especially during the conference workshops and the networking event.
Conference documents and information:
- Conference Report
- Speakers' presentations are available here.
- Conference booklet in English and Norwegian.
- If you have any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @EASPD_Brussels and keep updated on the conference at
- European Parliament resolution on social housing in the European Union (June 2013)
- United Nations (UN) Report of the Special Rapporteur on adequate housing as a component of the right to an adequate standard of living, and on the right to non-discrimination in this context
- UN International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- PRESS RELEASE: How to achieve “Housing for all”: community-based, person-centered and hopeful services
- Do you know who are the speakers of the annual conference "A Home for All"?
- Some thoughts from the local organisers of EASPD's annual conference "A Home for All"
- Oslo interview: "The real challenge is not finding innovative models, it is about changing our politics and values"
- Sam Tsemberis will attend EASPD international conference "A Home for All"
- Registration for the next EASPD conference "A Home for All" in Oslo is now open!
- Save the date! Next EASPD conference in Oslo from 9 to 10 October 2014
In cooperation with:
This event has been organised with the financial support of the Progress Programme of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of EASPD and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission.